Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 1: Mystery Box Day

Happy New Year and welcome to the Love One Another Project!  I'm very excited about this and I hope you enjoy it, too.  The object, of course, is to create something or take a photograph everyday based on John 13:34-35 and post it online.  It's going to be a challenge, but, God willing, it will turn out pretty awesome.

I'll be working off the prompts in Noah Scalin's 365: A Daily Creativity Journal some of the time and also using many of my own ideas.  There will be days when the prompts in the book don't fit my concept very well and when I don't have anything in particular in mind.  That's where the Mystery Box comes in.

Inside the "Mystery Box", are slips of paper with the names of different mediums and art/ craft techniques typed on them.  On those days, I'll just draw out a slip or two and go from there.  It should be interesting.  Also, I've already learned something.  Stamping with my swirly stamps with the darker shade of gold has some potential.  Well, here goes nothing!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathryn! I lovelovelovelove your project :) I saw it featured on Noah's blog today, Congrats! (I think the Tiger and your hand in the car mirror are my favorite so far!) Keep up the awesome work!

    Visit my 'love' project! http://rebecca-365daysoflove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete