Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 11: Lefthanded

 I'm right-handed... very right handed... so when the prompt for today suggested using a comfortable medium, but using the "other hand," I decided to take the challenge. I also happened to be due to donate blood again so, while out running some errands, I stopped at the blood bank.  I told the technician to use my right arm while I doodled with my left hand on the brochure I was given.  I'm right-handed, very right-handed.  I left with a couple of bandages and a new found respect for southpaws.

LOVE SOMEBODY!
Did you know that 1 out of every 7 people who get admitted to the hospital will get blood?  Yet, according to the Community Blood Bank, only 1 in 33 Americans actually donate blood.  So if you're healthy and eligible, consider stopping by your local blood bank and donating.  You don't know who's going to need it and it's an easy way to save a life.  It doesn't take that long and it doesn't hurt that much (unless you're a big wuss.)  Plus, you get to drink pop and eat cookies afterwards!

Community Blood Bank. Our Donors Save Lives. [Brochure]

No comments:

Post a Comment