Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16: Tater Stamp


Yes, that's a potato.  The prompt from the book said to make a stamp from a sponge or potato. I was only vaguely aware of the technique of carving potatoes into stamps, but it turns out, this is "a thing."  There are Youtube tutorials and everything!  It's a popular activity for parents to do with their children.  "What not?" I said so I got a potato from the pantry and got to work after breakfast.  However, I forgot to carve the letters backward so it would print correctly, but I decided the stamp itself was more interesting than the print would have been anyway.  

LOVE SOMEBODY!  Hug a farmer today.  Without them, we wouldn't have potatoes and other produce. For extra credit, shop at your local farmers' market and support local businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment