Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 20: Clay Day



     "If you can't make it good, make it big.  If you can't make it big, make it red.  If you can't make it red, make it shiny."

     This is an old art and design quote, one my college advisor used to say, but I can't seem to find who actually said it.  Anyway, I thought of it while working on today's project which was supposed to utilize clay in a way I haven't before.  Well, to the best of my knowledge, I've never pulled a pack of polymer clay out of my tool box (which has been there who-knows-long,) formed letters, and tried to attached them together using a bone folder.  Turns out, polymer clay is not my forte.  Maybe with a little research and practice, I might be able to learn the proper techniques for working with it, but at least it's red... and shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment