Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 23: Recycle!


     One of my other goals for this blog and for my art in general is to find ways to use found and recycled objects in my work.  I like the idea of giving new life to something that would have otherwise been thrown away.  Today's prompt said to get materials for my project from the recycling bin.
     While snooping around the recyclables today, I found a gift box that once held a potted plant at Christmastime.  At first, I tried to cover it with gesso, but it didn't want to stick.  Then, I covered it with masking tape like in the masking tape layer technique, but without buffering off some of the paint.  Next, I pulled a section of the newspaper out of the paper recycling bag and cut out letters.  Now, look, a marker holder. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment