Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 32: The Birds of the Air

"Look at the birds!  They don't worry about what to eat- they don't need to sow or reap or store up food- for your heavenly Father feeds them.  And you are far more valuable to him than they are." 
-Matthew 6:26  TCLB

    Your heavenly Father feeds the birds of the air... and sometimes He uses people to do it.  Today, I was supposed to make something ephemeral so I went outside on this beautiful and unseasonably warm first of February.  With a hoodie and my college sweatpants, I was comfortable enough outside to sit on the picnic table and carefully arrange birdseed into the message.


 I could hear the flutter of wings overhead.  At one point, a chickadee landed on the table within about two feet of me.  The birds must have been impatient for me to finish so they could eat my little installation because this is what things looked like about an hour an half later...


No comments:

Post a Comment