Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 83: Packing Tape Transfer


     It's another warm and beautiful day.  Usually about this time o' year, we're just getting over what we call the "St. Patty's Day Blizzard."  No such blizzard this year.  Even as a write, the buds are opening on the tree outside my window and the birds are singing.  I'd be more cheerful, but I'm kind of in an artistic rut and am trying to find any reason to be optimistic and feel good about my work.  Thank you to all the people who have left comments here and on Facebook.  Hugs all around.
     Anywho, today, the Mystery Box suggested packing tape transfers which basically involves images or text from magazines, packing tape, soaking in water, and gluing onto a surface such as an art journal page.  This is the first time I've done it and look how it turned out!  There's definately some potential here.  It was easier than I thought.  All you have to do for the transfer is cover an image from a magazine in packing tape, soak in warm water, and rub the paper off.  I think I'll have to try this again...

No comments:

Post a Comment