Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 72: Shoe Day

 
  Today, we say good-bye to an old friend: a pair of my work shoes.  They've been sitting in the closet on stand-by since the new pair came along.  These shoes have been all over the tri-state area and to dozens of elementary, middle, and high schools.  The toes are worn out and the rubber is coming apart from locking and unlocking the wheels on a camera unipod.  They've tracked across stages, gyms, and football fields.  Even as I tried to write on them with bleach, the shoes wouldn't admit defeat and turn white like I wanted them to.  Now, they will go out as a work of art.

LOVE SOMEBODY!   I saw a picture today of a man with flattened plastic bottles strapped to his feet.   Donate used shoes to charity!

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. You might like to see my post about the Picasso exhibition in Sydney. It finishes on the 25th March. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/picasso-exhibition-art-gallery-of-new.html

    ReplyDelete