Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 101: Inspired by Random First Sentence Day


     Today is Inspired by Random First Sentence Day as in pick up a nearby book, flip to a random page, and make something inspired by the first sentence you read.  I happened to just finish Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.  The sentence I flipped to is on page eighty-four and mentions little cakes.  One of the first things that flashed through my mind were mini cupcakes.  I had a dozen pre-made ones available to work with and had to figure out how to make them into something new.  Long story short, there was frosting, crumbs, dye, and sprinkles everywhere.  What I ended up doing, though, was cutting the cupcakes into slices and arranging them on some symbolically red-dyed frosting.  
     There are lots of examples of people loving one another in this book.  For example, rubbing sand on each other to remove scabs from wounds caused by poisonous acid fog and cooking a meal of ugly tree rodents for others.  Anyway, while I'm not as good with icing as characters from the book, I hope you enjoy today's project.



No comments:

Post a Comment