Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 110: Mistakes Day


    Spill some ink and work with the mistakes, the books says.  Next thing I know, the ink's running off the paper and onto my pants and carpet.  Whoops.  (Thank you, Resolve Carpet Cleaner!)  I tried to work with the puddle of black ink on a piece of watercolor paper, but wasn't happy with it so I took another piece of paper and pressed it on top.  Later, I wrote the message using a concentrated water color dropper and outlined the letters in silver marker.  Then, I added some more concentrated watercolor in a different color and smeared it around.  When that dried, I decided I didn't like it so I cut squares out of the painting and some scraps.  On the squares I placed extra letters from previous projects and made this little collage.  This sort of thing is great for using up scraps, salvaging unsuccessful pieces, and for art journaling. If it inspires you, let me see!  Also, if you have a chance, check out my Facebook page.  I could use some more likes!  Thanks and have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment