Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 114: Bread Day


Pre-Baked
Whew!  It's okay now.  I was really starting to panic because I thought these photos were gone forever after all that work!  I thought I put the ones I needed in their folder and deleted the rest.  Then, I couldn't find them!  Thank God for file recovery aps and thank you, cnet.
     Anyway, today is Bread Day and I kept seeing these pretzel kits in a craft store and thought, "Pretzels are bread, aren't they?"  Yes, in fact, they're considered a flat bread and "the official bread of lent."  That story has to do with old Christian customs of giving up certain ingredients like animal products and having to work with what was left.  Did you know where the traditional pretzel shape comes from?  It was originally meant to symbolize arms folded in prayer.  My shapes are also spiritually inspired not to mention delicious.

1 comment:

  1. In Germany they call them Brezel.
    In the Netherlands they don´t have such kind of bread.
    I like your topic, its love to read and eat! ;-)

    ReplyDelete