Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 115: Screw the Instructions Day


     Today's mission is to take a craft kit and make something totally different that what it instructs.  I found this foil art kit for a dollar.  I guess you're supposed to peel off die cuts and rub the colored foil over them so you can make these colorful and shiny little posters.  Screw that, I say.  The problem I have with these kits is they leave little to the imagination.  I decided to make this little collage and used the packaging as the backing.  The instructions and pretty much any part of the kit was fair game.  There's a heart in the upper right hand corner that's supposed to be rainbow.  It didn't scan well, but the rest of it made an interesting texture especially when tweaked in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment