Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 106: Inspired by Storyboards


    Today's inspiration comes from a weekly 365ers Group project which involves an artist, a film, a book, etc. that has influenced your life or work in a major way.  It seemed like a good opportunity to draw a storyboard.  My drawing style and choice of materials have been heavily influenced by my fascination with storyboarding in college.  Ever since I was given a copy of the extended version of the first Lord of the Rings films with  the storyboards in the bonus features, I was hooked.  I won't go into great detail about all that here, but these drawings and the artists who created them are the reason I still work in pen and marker and a big part of the reason I went to study in New Zealand.  Finally, today's project is just a quick drawing drawn and inked to look like a storyboard frame and is even in the standard 1: 1.85 ratio.  I hope to explore this some more fairly soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment