Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 123: Inspired by an Eggshell Day


     Hello and welcome to Day 123!  It still feels like I just started this project.  At the beginning, I wasn't exactly sure how it would come out or anything like that, but I can't say I anticipated patching up an eggshell with bandages and tape.  In case you were wondering, the book says to make something inspired by an eggshell.  It even gives directions on how to empty the shell without breaking it to pieces.  You actually make holes in either end and blow through one so all the yolk and whatnot comes out into a bowl.  Not disgusting looking at all...
     But, I did it and was able to make not only my project, but some brownies, too. (Nom.)  Then, I had a nice little eggshell and it sat on my desk while I tried to figure out what to do with it. I didn't have a cute little nest like I saw in a mixed media magazine so I wrote on it.  I thought about writing on three, but then I got the bandage idea.  It reminded me of something we did on a retreat for my Confirmation class where we all had flower pots which we broke and put back together to remind us of how God heals our brokenness.  That's when I broke up my nice little hollow eggshell and fixed it back up.  The moral of the story is to love and just be nice to one another even people you don't even know because, quite honestly, we're all a little "cracked."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment