Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 127: Creature for Kenneth

 It's Sunday and that means Let's Make Something Using Inspiration from a Friend's Blog time.  This week we're inspired by Kenneth, the man behind 365 Creative Creatures.
     Sometime ago, I found instructions on how to make a sock monkey and thought about doing it on a whim for my project. Like so many other days this year, I spent pretty much the whole day doing what looked so simple.  Anyway, here is my first attempt at a sock monkey.  Poor guy.  It's not his fault I sewed his arm to his butt or cut the ears too small.  He seems happy, though.  I hope this makes your day.

I'd also like to give a shoutout to the people over at urbanthreads.com where I found these instructions.  I love the way they were written.  You guys rock.
 

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! :) Not only do I love the design, but the colors are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors too! Just my style! He is so beautiful, I might have to attempt a sock monkey during summer when I have more time. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful! I agree that the colors really pop!

    ReplyDelete