Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 132: T-Shirt Day


     Today is about creating something on a t-shirt and wearing it.  I remember seeing someone do this is college and have been waiting for this day in my creativity journal to try it out for myself.  The process is pretty simple.  First, I cut a stencil from a piece of card stock and put it on top of a black t-shirt.  Then, I sprayed it pretty good with my squirter bottle filled with your everyday bleach and let it sit in the sun.  After my walk, I found it dry and smelling of bleach, but ready to wear.  I was actually expecting it to turn that rusty color you usually get with bleach and black, but it actually turned out grey like a regular grey t-shirt.  I might have to try this again!  

3 comments:

  1. Interesting blog and nice design template. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that shirts bleached this way will get holes in them pretty quickly from laundering them, but you can halt the bleaching by neutralizing with ordinary vinegar.

    ReplyDelete