Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 162: Inspired by Love (For Rebecca)


     Today is Sunday so you know what that means... that's right, it's Inspired by a Friend's Blog day.  This week we're inspired by Rebecca's "365 Days of Love" project.  You can check it out at http://rebecca-365daysoflove.blogspot.co.uk/.  The more people out there trying to spread the love, the better, I say.  Not sure this is exactly up to par with her stuff, but after decided to pull a slip from my box of ideas, I ended up with this.  The slip said "writing with ink" which is pretty self-explanatory and you can see it yourself right under the v and the e.  Instead of simply writing on a new piece of paper, I thought it might be a good idea to use some pieces from a bag of paper bound for recycling.  After pasting some bits onto an early draft of a previous project, I just smeared some ink pad and gesso over top before writing out the message in regular black drawing ink.  

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic!!! It is beautiful, Cassy. I love the recycled element and the design is lovely - the bold background blocks with the delicate overlay. Nicely done, my cohort in spreading the love! :)

    ReplyDelete