Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 192: Family Crest Day


     Today I went by the book and the book says it's Family Crest Day.  I had a good time earlier using different family crest generators online, but it's not the same as doing it yourself I think.  I also had a bit of a crash course in the elements and symbolism involved in this sort of thing.  I used a green in the field because it's supposed to represent loyalty in love.  The cross is obviously a Christian reference and the bird is meant to symbolize strength and protection.  Some of these sites also offer a collection of various authentic family crests.  It's interesting to find the ones for your family and see what they represent.  On one, I even found some information on the history of the different sides of my family.  If you get the chance, check out some sites and you might find some fascinating tid bits on your personal history.

No comments:

Post a Comment