Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 259: Erie Irish Fest


     This weekend marks the halfway point to St. Patrick's Day.  Yeah, it's that good a holiday that around here, we celebrate when we're halfway there at the Erie Irish Festival.  It's a small festival that's held every year about now and though wearing green isn't mandatory, it sure helps.  To get in the spirit I put on a green t-shirt and shamrock ball cap and headed out the door.  After spending some green at the arts and craft store, I had dinner all by my lonesome, but I got one of my favorite dishes at a certain Mexican restaurant and it involves chicken and green sauce.  (NOM!)  Then, I went over to the festival and watched a couple of Celtic rock bands.  I love me some Celtic rock.  I mean, what's not to like about a band who does an Irish version of Queen's Fat-Bottom Girl?  Or the parody, "Thank God I'm an Irish Boy?"  Finally, after a couple bands and watching the kids and the Guiness drinkers "dance" themselves out, I came home and doodled this little number on a menu from the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment