Thursday, January 31, 2013

ATCs: Magazine Clipping Poetry


     I was getting rid of some old art magazines when I decided to make some more cards in the vein of Junk Mail Poetry.  To start, I took an illustration board artist trading card and applied some fluid acrylic with a palette knife.  Then, with a rubber stamp, I applied the dot pattern (also with paint.)  Once that was dry, I added a bit of tissue paper and the text with gel medium.  Finally, I added a little more texture with the swirly designs and an ink pad.
     Making art this size is a great way to experiment before committing to a larger format.  Artist trading cards are only 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches; they are fun to exchange and make unique business cards.  They can also be sold as miniature masterpieces in which case they are called ACEOs: Art Card Editions and Originals.

No comments:

Post a Comment