Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Draw with That: Toothpick Self Portrait

     In college, I had this one studio drawing professor and every so often we would have a day where we went out in search of unconventional drawing materials.  Students would return with twigs, shaving cream, and so many other random things and we would spend the class drawing with them.  Ever since, I've looked at just about everything as a potential drawing instrument.
     As it were, the other day I was teaching Sunday school and was attempting to teach some kindergardeners how to make a nativity ornament using toothpicks for the stable (a craft idea I found online.)  Anyway, with a fair amount of dollar store toothpicks, I decided to present the first of what I hope to be an ongoing series in the form of a miniature self-portrait drawn entirely with a toothpick with India ink.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment