Thursday, January 17, 2013

Junk Mail Poetry Vol. 1



























     So how much junk mail do you get each day?  How many credit card offers, catalogs, and magazine subscription deals?  If you're like most people, these things get deposited directly in the trash. I have another option for you: turn that junk into poetry.  I got a couple offers lately, actually opened them, and made Junk Mail Poetry.  You could use any type of poetry for this.  I like haiku, myself, for its simplicity and structure.  If you don't know what haiku is, it's a form of Japanese poetry.  Traditionally, it's a quite a bit different than what I've done here, but that's another story.  For these, I was inspired by the pseudo- haiku style in which there are five syllables in the first and third lines and seven in the second. I took some artist trading card papers and made some mini collages with some leftover scrapbooking materials, paint, and ink.  Then, I took some text from that junk mail I got and added it the cards.  Enjoy.  Remember, it you do any yourself, be sure to let me know!  I like to see other people's takes on my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment