Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Work In Progress: Unnamed Celtic Hound

     Greetings, all!  And a special welcome to my two new friends (you guys rock.)  One good thing about having some time off, is having more art time.  During the busy seasons, paintings and other projects got pushed aside and put on the back burner.  Since just before Christmas, I gotten about three more paintings done in this series I'm working on which is inspired by animal illustrations from the Book of Kells.
      Today, I finished one and started another.  Here's a little preview for you of a work in progress.  As far as I know, this is my first experience with Gessobord so we'll see how this works out.  Most of of these have been done on canvas and I've been unhappy with how poorly they've translated to digital.  To prevent glare from a camera flash, I've been scanning them and the texture becomes too prominent for my liking.  If anybody knows how to properly photograph or scan paintings, I'd sure appreciate some tips.  Anyway, I hope you like how this one turns out.  Check out the others at www.ravenmaidcreative.com.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment