Saturday, April 13, 2013

Adventures of a School Photographer: This Week in Sketches

     This week turned out to be a bit busier than I expected, which is a good thing especially for my checkbook, but I still found a few spare moments to get some sketching in.  Better to sketch and keep my hands busy than sit and twiddle my thumbs, I suppose.  When on break, I broke out my strategically placed sketchbooks and tried out some exercises from some art books I have.  

This one is sometimes called a "soundscape," which I took to mean a drawing with the sounds labeled.  I was sitting in an auditorium waiting for the craziness to start and this is from my point of view.

This is another exercise about observing ten things about your surroundings you didn't really see or notice before you sat down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment