Thursday, May 2, 2013

At the Museum


Today's mission: To go to a museum and make some sketches. Mission accomplished.

      After a short day at work, I drove on down to the Erie Art Museum.  The annual Spring Show was up.  My entry was not accepted this year, unfortunately, but I wanted to see what sort of work did make it and also complete a drawing exercise from one of my books.  As I made my way through the museum, I took some sketches.  First, I saw some colorful Abstract works by an artist named George D. Green.  This quick little sketch doesn't do his work any justice at all, but drawing something forces you to really look and notice details.  The other sketches were from the Spring Show.  There was quite the variety of work and a lot to be inspired by.  By the end, I couldn't wait to get home and start making stuff... that and I forgot the parking meter was running... 

No comments:

Post a Comment