Thursday, June 6, 2013

ATCs: Faux Haiku Mini Art


    I don't know about you, but it's raining here.  A great day to sit at my desk and make some art.  One of things I like to do sometimes is play around with collage.  My drawing method is very tight and controlled.  It requires long hours with a pen or marker going over lines and coloring areas so now and then, I just like to push some paint around.
     Artist trading cards are great for this because they're so small and don't require as much of a commitment as larger pieces.  They're ideal for experimentation for the same reasons.  Anyway, sometimes it feels good to take a few and paint them however (usually with the leftover paint from the more serious projects.)
    Also, right now, I've sort of started a line of "mini art" using cards like this.  They make ATC sized now (that's 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches) and I thought they would be good to sell at craft shows.  People could buy those little frames and own a tiny piece of original and, hopefully, inspirational artwork.  Mine feature little sayings and what I'm calling "faux-haiku" poetry made from text cut from magazines.  Here's a couple I just finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment