Thursday, December 26, 2013

Throwback Thursday: The Sketchbook Project 2010- 2011


      A few years ago, I took part in a round of The Sketchbook Project.  It was and, I believe, still is an exhibition of sketchbooks filled out by artists all over the world.  How it works is: you buy a soft cover Moleskine sketchbook from the project and fill out the pages according to a theme.  At least when I did it, there was a list of themes to choose from or you could be assigned one at random.  When you're done, you send it back in.  They're barcoded so people can check them out of the Brooklyn Art Library or the mobile library.  There is a digital library as well.
    My theme was "Boys and Girls."  Above you can see a photo of the back of my book covered and stickers.  To the right, is one of the drawings from the book done in pencil.  It was a lot of fun and I recommend it to all creatives out there.

 Read more about it at www.sketchbookproject.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment