Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Crayons for Grown Ups and Beyond Drawing

     It's our slow season at work and I find myself with some time on my hands.  Time to do some soul-searching, work on personal projects, experiment, and even play.  Sometimes, it's when your playing around when you stumble on to something.  I'm not saying this is one of those times, but I'm not ruling it out either.  I was working from a prompt and decided to pull out my box of oil pastels or, as I like to call them, "crayons for grown-ups."  Following the prompt, I made my first marks with my eyes closed.  I responded to those first marks with many more inspired by the music I had playing.

"God of Wonders"   Oil pastel on paper.
      Then, I photographed the drawing and put the image onto my computer and put it through a stained glass Photoshop Elements filter.  This is the result.

    Why not take it a step further?  I used the cookie cutter tool to cut out bird shapes and add them to a photo of trees in the front yard I had just taken.  A bit of tweaking and a filter or so later, this is what I ended up with and it all started with a scribbly drawing! 


     This is just to give you an idea of where you can take your drawings (or where your drawings can take you.)  This is only the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment