Saturday, February 8, 2014

Line Samplers


     It starts how it always does: I get a new book and decide I'm going to do all the exercises.  This time, I was off to a pretty good start.  I've posted the results so far to prove it... at least to myself if no one else.  Maybe you noticed the lull.  It was mainly due to my laptop "all but losing it."  It had become increasingly unresponsive and, after getting a second opinion, I think it's time to put it out to pasture. However, it's not the only computer in the house so here I am again.  And here are the results from an exercise/workshop/thing I did towards the end of last month.  It's a study of line and surface using various traditional drawing media.  Sometimes, when you need to figure out how to get going again, it's good to get back to basics. 

Mixed media on drawing paper.

Mixed media on watercolor paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment