Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Secret Life of Shapes



     So I'm still working out the book Expressive Drawing by Steven Aimone and I think it's been good for me.  I'm not usually one for the abstract and this has been an interesting experiment.  It's not only helping me to loosen up a bit, but also to think more critically about art again.  Since leaving college, I haven't really many opportunities to talk shop with other artists or do any serious critiques.  So I welcome any helpful advice and hope you enjoy this blog, an ever-evolving work in progress.
     Later today I have a photo shoot scheduled, so I spent my morning working on a couple of ongoing projects including my found text poetry (find me on Instagram at ravenmaid1267 to see what I'm talking about) and my attempt to do all the exercises in Expressive Drawing.  The two I've done this morning involve the interaction between the angular and the curvilinear and the geometric and the organic.  Through this exercise I've learned that a narrative can be formed using a few simple shapes.  I've found a story in there myself, but I'll leave you to find your own.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment