Saturday, February 21, 2015

3rd Annual Art's Alive Fine Art Market

All set up and ready to go!
  Last night was my first time participating in Art's Alive in the Dead of Winter Fine Art Market in Sharon.  There were 3 floors of artists, food vendors, nonprofits, and musicians.  For $25, I was able to set up shop on the second floor with a bunch of my buddies from summer's Artiegras.  Not having been in the Arts and Culture Center before, I wasn't sure what to expect.
       Sharon is about an hour and a half drive for me.  The friends I see down there, always seem surprised I make the drive, but we have very few, if any, events like this up here.  I do it because I enjoy it. It's great to have people to talk shop with and it's fun just to hang out.  Making some money is great, too, but most of us aren't doing it for money alone.


3 floors of artists, musicians, and food vendors.

Sam Perry poses with his work.


     I ended up doing pretty well (for me) tonight once I got going.  Get going was the hardest part.  I've tried really hard to come with an efficient system for getting things all on one little cart so I only have to make one trip and having things in such a way that it's easy and quick to set up.  Everything tumbled off the cart twice on the way in, but some kind souls helped me out and I got set up well before the doors opened.

I love this shirt!

Umm... almost. 
Kit's adult truffles are amazing and Martha does awesome woodwork.  I don't know that these two should be next to each other, though!  Lol.
   All in all, I had a great time and hope to do more of these kinds of events, meet more great artists, and sell more of my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment