Monday, April 11, 2016

The Dr. and Mrs. Robert Guelcher Art Show


          Once again, I took part in The Dr. and Mrs. Robert Guelcher Art Show held at the Barber National Institute in Erie, PA.  This show gets bigger and bigger every year with artists of all ages submitting a wide variety of over 500 pieces of work.  We see the future of art in the youth show as well as the current work of regional professional and amateur adult artists.  
     This year, I submitted two pieces: one from my Celtic-inspired series of animal portraits called "Bright My Eyes Are."  This painting took me roughly three months.  I think it turned out pretty good, but it definitely put the "work" in artwork!  I hope people liked it. 




     The exciting thing was that my photo won an Honorable Mention in Adult Artist Photography!  Fortunately, I was able to attend the awards ceremony at the artist reception.  I guess I didn't realize it was that big of a deal until I got there so I'm glad that I went.  There was tons of great art there so to be chosen out of so many was a real honor.  

This is the second award for this photo!  Maybe I'm on to something!

No comments:

Post a Comment